Technical Authorship and Review
Our experience includes embedded and external consultancy support to international working groups (e.g. the BIOPROTA International Forum) and bidding consortia, regulators, nuclear site operators and nuclear engineering and consultancy businesses. This experience includes:
- Technical reporting and editorial arrangements for the production of international working group meetings and conference reports.
- Technical authorship and peer review of Radioactive Substances Regulation (RSR) permit (under EPR10) and authorisation (under RSA93) applications and associated Radiological Impact Assessment (RIA) and BAT/BPM/BPEO reports on behalf of UK nuclear site operators.
- Technical authorship of nuclear facility Installation Permit applications and associated environmental impact assessments.
- Technical authorship and peer review of planning consent Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) / Environmental Statement (ES) and Development Consent Order (DCO) submissions for new nuclear facilities.
- Technical authorship of Environment Agency and Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) quinquennial RIAs, Science / Evidence and working group reports.
- Technical authorship of client Integrated Waste Strategies (IWS), Integrated Waste and Nuclear Material Management Arrangements (IWMMA), Integrated Management System (IMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) arrangements.
- Technical authorship and peer review of Environmental Safety Cases (ESCs) and Operational Environmental Safety Assessments (OESA) for land disposal of radioactive waste.
- Technical authorship and peer review of waste, land and organisation management arrangements associated with Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) Parent Body Organisation (PBO) competitions.
- Technical authorship and peer review of waste, land and environmental management reports on behalf of RadEcol supply chain partners.
Our staff have supported and been seconded into various URENCO group organisations at Capenhurst supporting on IWS/IWMMA/IMS/EMS and permit application development projects; we have provided embedded technical authorship support to two NDA PBO competitions, and have been involved with international activities such as that of the IAEA and EC and on behalf of clients such as the Norwegian Radiation Protection Authority (NRPA).