Research Programme Support
Our experience includes work for the Radioactive Waste Management Ltd (RWM), Posiva (Finland), SKB (Sweden) and multiple other international organisations and regulators, both independently and through the BIOPROTA International Forum. This experience includes:
- Development of research programme proposals and drawing together multi-disciplinary teams to address uncertainties in long-term biosphere assessments in line with client requirements.
- Management of multi-lateral, cost-effective biosphere research programmes to address knowledge and data uncertainties in biosphere assessments.
- Support in the design of biosphere site characterisation programmes to support data acquisition for biota dose assessments.
- Collation of technical input, editorial control, finalisation, production and publication of multi-lateral working group reports.
- Organisation, facilitation and technical reporting of meetings, international workshops and working group meetings.
- Provision of watching briefs on developments in international research programmes.
Our staff have developed and run research programmes within the BIOPROTA programme to investigate the implications of different spatial scales of exposure of biota populations in long-term biosphere assessments and to further understanding on the behaviour of Se-79 in the biosphere. We continue to provide support to research work programmes within the BIOPROTA forum and provide support to our clients in their programmes to support data acquisition for biota dose assessments.