Management Systems and Data Management
We have worked for the Environment Agency, Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), Sellafield Ltd, Magnox Ltd, URENCO UK Ltd, Capenhurst Nuclear Services Ltd, URENCO ChemPlants Ltd, and a number of leading nuclear engineering and consultancy businesses. This experience includes:
- Establishment of nuclear site operator leading Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and associated performance reporting.
- Integrated Waste and (nuclear) Material Management Arrangements (IWMMA) for a new nuclear operator including development and support in waste and environmental policy development, authorship of the operator IWMMA Manual and IWMMA Action Plan, and provision of guidance documents on Radioactive Substances Regulation (RSR) including compliance checking of management system arrangements against Environment Agency RSR Environmental Principles (REPs).
- Support in developing operator UK Radioactive Waste and Material Inventory (UK RWMI Submissions).
- Development of Radioactive Waste Management Arrangements (RWMA) including client company arrangements for BAT demonstration, approval and implementation, and departmental working and operating instructions for radioactive waste management.
- Integrated Management System (IMS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) development. This includes support for nuclear facility ISO 9001 and 14001 compliance.
- Operator performance review and metric reporting covering emissions and waste generation, site based decontamination and recycling performance and equipment failure and maintenance needs.
Our staff have delivered environmental monitoring programmes associated with nuclear and non-nuclear facility discharges on behalf of the Environment Agency and SEPA. We have provided support to a wide range of site-based Land Quality assessments for Sellafield Ltd, Magnox and URENCO businesses and are providing strategic support to the NDA.