Environmental Impact and Land Quality
We have worked for the Environment Agency, Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), Sellafield Ltd, Magnox Ltd, URENCO UK Ltd, Capenhurst Nuclear Services Ltd, URENCO ChemPlants Ltd, and a number of leading nuclear engineering and consultancy businesses. This experience includes:
- Design and delivery of environmental monitoring programmes to assess the impact of nuclear site radioactive aqueous and gaseous discharges to the environment including water, soil and silt/sediment sampling and management of laboratory analysis.
- Measurement of gamma dose in air and beta dose over soil and sediment and delivery of in situ gamma spectrometry.
- Environmental monitoring of conventional contaminants and water quality associated with nuclear site effluent discharges.
- Monitoring and assessment of environmental radioactivity associated with radioactive discharges to sewer.
- Peer review of environmental programmes.
- Development of Land Quality Management strategies.
- Dedesignation impact assessment and justification reports for release of NDA landholdings from the Energy Act designation directions.
- Due Diligence services to support land and facility acquisition.
- Radioactive land quality investigation, assessment and remediation strategy optioneering and development.
- Assessment of land remediation waste disposal options, including opportunities and cases to Out of Scope the waste relative to RSR.
- Technical Secretariat support to nuclear industry working groups.
Our staff have delivered environmental monitoring programmes associated with nuclear and non-nuclear facility discharges on behalf of the Environment Agency and SEPA. We have provided support to a wide range of site-based Land Quality assessments for Sellafield Ltd, Magnox and URENCO businesses and are providing strategic support to the NDA.